We all have had one of those days: your hair isn’t doing what you want and your skin decided to become sensitive overnight. Yes, an off-day sucks. But you can still feel beautiful in those days! Here are 5 tips, keep reading!
You can say I became a real expert in packing my suitcase perfectly. I always struggled with putting everything I want to bring in one suitcase. And when that’s finally done, your bag is way too heavy… You can get to the limit of 20 kilos before you know it! With the following tips you are prepared to become a packing expert as well, no more stress before traveling!
This is going to be a short blog, but I just had to get these thoughts out! I’ve been working in the media – and fashionworld for almost 10 years already and sometimes I’m still stunned by some people (no one in particular, just a general observation). You see, In the media -and fashionworld it is easy to find it: arrogance. What is it with becoming succesful that makes people think they are better than others? Here’s one important reason why the really succesful people don’t get arrogant:
I’m gonna be honest, I am the clumsiest person when it comes to doing my nails: I always make stains, ruin the polish because I move too much and chip the nails after 1 day already. This is exactly why I realized I needed help. I searched all over Google for nail hacks and tested the most promising ones. These are my favorite tested & approved nail hacks! You can thank me later hehe
The other day I was walking around my beloved city Barcelona with Alex, looking for a nice place to have dinner. I felt like something healthy because I had nacho for lunch #ups, and I was determined to find one of those super cool veggie places that Barcelona has. We didn’t even walk down our street when we suddenly noticed this super stylish restaurant named Tia Santa. I saw vegetables growing from the walls, beautiful lamps and a very interesting looking menu for a reasonable price. YASSS. Goal accomplished.
Once inside, a very friendly waiter seated us and brought us the menus. He explained us that all of the veggies are grown in their own garden to make sure there are no chemicals in the products, and that they are specialized in anti-allergies and vegetarian food. Alex went for a Ceasar salad while I went for Asian noodles, and the food was there within 10 minutes… HOW?! The food was absolutely delicious and me and Alex returned 2 more times later that week because there were so many things I wanted to try from their fascinating menu.
I asked the waiter about this place, and he told me that Tia Santa opened up only 4 months ago and that it has been very successful. If they keep growing like this they want to open another location very soon! I don’t know about you guys, but I can see a new hotspot coming up.
P.s. Tia Santa opena at 7.30 in the morning for everyone that wants a tasty breakfast! I went for a chocolate muffin because I wasn’t very hungry, but it was deliciousssss.
I will start posting new discoveries more often from now on! Please note that I am truly giving my own opinion and I am not getting paid for this post. I just really get excited about good food and want to share that with you guys :)
Lots of Love,
Hi there darlings!
Isn’t it a beautiful day to feel beautiful?! Lately I have been experimenting with lipstick tricks and I’m finally starting to get the hang of it. I might not be a professional make-up artist, but I sure do love to experiment!
1. Make any Lipstick Long-Lasting
After applying a coat of lipstick, blot it with a tissue. Then use a large eye shadow brush to dust the lips with some translucent powder and apply another layer of lipstick. Repeat twice for the best results. For extra impact: replace the translucent powder for a shimmering powder (such as eyeshadow) to sparkle all day!
2. Same Lipstick, New Color
An unexpected lip gloss can give your favorite lipstick a completely new look each season. Experiment with color combinations and you might be surprised by the results! I love to use my baby pink YSL lipstick in combination with a bight fuchsia for Spring/Summer, while I combine it with a dark purple lip gloss for Autmn/Winter.
3. No more Lipstick Stains!
4. DIY Lipstick with Eyeshadow
Do you have an eyeshadow color which you think would just be amazing as a lipstick? Go DIY-Style and mix-up the eyeshadow with some Vaseline, and voila! You got yourself a new lip gloss. Even better: buy a lipstick sample box and create your own color-palette!
5. Subtle Lipstick
Do you love your bright lipstick colors but do you think they are somewhat too intense to wear with a casual look? Make them more natural by only applying the lipstick at the center of your lips and blending it out with your fingertips.
6. Bye bye smudged lipstick!
Having your lipstick smudging over your natural lip line is the worst, isn’t it? Try these two steps: apply a clear lip liner at your natural lip lines as a prevention. After applying your lipstick use a thin brush with concealer to fix any mistake (trying to wipe it off with a tissue will only make it worse!)
7. First apply lipstick, then lip liner
Usually people first start with applying their lip liner before filling in their lips with lipstick. However, I’ve noticed that my lips look much more natural when I first apply the lipstick and then the lip liner. The lines become softer and blend in better with the color… give it a try!
Did you already know all of the lipstick tricks? Now that we learned a bit more it’s time for this weeks’ mini-giveaway! A beautiful red lipstick from the Parisian beauty brand Payot!
Congratulations…. Anne Stikvoort! Let’s see if you will be able to use the tricks you learned today :)
Lots of Love,
Is your CV in the perfect shape and ready to get you your dream job? I’ve noticed that many people don’t really know what’s best for their Curriculum, which makes them miss out on so much opportunities! After continuously working on a better CV since I was 15, several courses on job hunting, and helping countless of my friends with improving their Curriculum and Motivation Letters, it’s my time to help you guys! I structured the most important elements of a winning CV so you can check if you’re on the right track.
1. Visuals Matter
The first and even one of the most important elements of a CV: the presentation. Because let’s face it… are you really getting that job if you can’t even organize your own curriculum? I don’t think so! There are several keys to a visually attractive and organized CV:
- A clear distinction between the several categories of your Curriculum. The absolute musts are these categories (preferably in this order): Personal Details, Statement, Work Experience, Education, Extracurricular Activities, Skills, Languages and Interests. If there is space left it would be great to also add references.
- Use bold, italic, underlines or font sizes to draw the attention to the keywords and divide sections in your curriculum. Make sure you use them consistently in order to avoid confusion. For example:
2015 Founder and Creative Director, Who is that Blonde
Blog about Fashion and Creativity. Overseeing the overall concept of the website. Researching and writing blogs on a weekly basis. Communication with designers and fashion illustrations for collaborations.
- Make sure your CV isn’t longer than two pages. This is a simple matter of prioritizing and writing efficiently.
- Save your Curriculum in a PDF file and name it “CV -your full name-“. This is a proper way to present your CV and like this the HR-Department will immediately know from who is the curriculum. Imagine they get dozens of applications on a daily basis, how confusing must it be if all of them are called ‘resume.doc’!
- There are always discussions whether or not you should add a picture to your CV. So let me clear that up! In the USA and the UK, it’s recommended not to add a picture because of the anti-discrimination laws (regarding age, race and gender). In other countries there are no specific preferences.
2. Tailor to the Job
We’ve all done it. Whizzed the same CV out to lots of employers to save time… Stop! Take the time to change your CV for each role that you apply for. Research the company and use the job advert to work out EXACTLY what skills you should point out to them. They will appreciate the obvious effort. An extra plus you get if you tailor your Curriculum: it will be automatically up to date, which is very important as well! Remember: if you are looking for a serious job quality goes way over quantity.
3. Get Personal
Don’t let your experience speak for itself: explain why you are the best for this job! Write a short statement (not more than 3-5 lines) on which of your skills fit the job, in what way you are a valuable asset for the company, and also where your motivation for this job comes from. Enthusiasm is the key! Sometimes it’s tricky having to ‘sell yourself’ as it might feel like boasting and dishonest, so where do you find the balance? A great trick is to talk about how other people think about you, for example:
“Enthusiastic, focused and perfectionist… these are three words which are often used by former colleagues and employers to describe me and my work. For me it’s very important to keep developing myself and therefore I am ready to take on the challenge to become your new editor in chief! I have many great ideas about what I can do for your magazine, which I would love to discuss during an interview.”
This works because: you are humble but still talk about your skills; show your personal motivation – which isn’t ‘money’; you tailored the CV for this job because you mention the job position and the company; you make the company curious for your ideas so you are more likely to get invited for an interview. What if you don’t have work experience? Change ‘colleagues and employers’ for ‘friends and family’, they know you the best after all! And what if you don’t have ideas? Do your research! Check the work of others and see how they create value for their company. Check out the work of the company and if there is still something missing or ready to be improved. Don’t be scared to be bold and creative, but make sure you don’t step on their toes.4. Use Keywords
In case you’ve uploaded your CV to a job site so recruiters can find you, keywords are very important. Job titles and buzzwords will help a search engine pick out your CV from the digital pile. In case you are sending your tailored CV to a company keywords are also essential. You should implement the keywords which the company used in its job description into your own CV… This way you mirror their needs in your offer, which is very attractive. An extra plus: by using keywords in your curriculum you communicate information as efficient as possible. Make sure they are active, informative and relevant.
5. Feedback is Vital
The nr. 1 turnoff for a company is to see spelling and grammar mistakes in a CV, so make sure you let someone else check it before you send it! Another good reason for someone else to read your curriculum is to check if it’s really as clear and visually attractive as you thought. If you are working on something for a while it’s normal you don’t have an objective view anymore, so a second check-up is definitely recommendable!
Where these tips useful for you guys? I am considering about offering to help some of you out with your CV so I’m curious to hear if that’s something you would be interested in!
Lots of Love,
Something that all of us want, but seems to be so hard to achieve! More Instagram Followers more engagement – and in the case of my sweet fellow bloggers: more influence and collabs. In the past three months I have been experimenting with Instagram and was able to grow my Instagram Followers from 10K to more than 27K! In this blogpost I am sharing the absolute musts which you need for a succesfull Instagram with consistent growth and engagement.
1. Fix your IG Feed: People want to follow you on Instagram if they like your pictures and if your feed is cool. So let’s start with that! First of all, here is an article about 11 Instagram Stars Spilling their Secrets on creating the best photos. Secondly, It’s easy on the eye if the photos you post are cohesive and connected to each other in some way, you can achieve this in several ways:
- Always use the same filter
- Edit your pictures in a way that they get similar lighting & contrast
- Try to stick with a color palette (as you might have noticed, mine is dominantly white & blue)
- Balance out the type of pictures you post, don’t post too much of the same things in a row.
- Post a neutral picture such as a B&W Quote or a mainly white picture every now and then to make your overall feed more easy on the eye.
- Stand out: give your Instagram a theme and its own identity, like these 7 IG Accounts
2. Use the right Hashtags: If you want to be found by the right people on Instagram, make sure that your hashtags are relevant to the picture which you are sharing. In theory they are pretty much search words, so think well about what type of hashtags fit with your IG and your picture for the most relevant engagement. You should definitely try to see which hashtags work best for you, so go ahead and experiment! Important note: make sure not to use too much hashtags all too often, this might come over as spammy. The Nectar Collective shared some of their favorite hashtags to use to get more engagement and shoutouts, a great place to get started!
3. Regular Engagement: This is kind of a ‘no-brainer’: the more you engage, the more engagement you get in return. Of course not everyone has time (or internet) to be on IG all day long, but at least try to keep your engagement consistent. Like and comment on some pictures every day for 30 minutes, post a new picture at least once a day, and search for new interesting IGers once a week to keep your inspirations flowing and network growing. Good ideas for smart engagement:
- Check out the IGers who are similar to you and like some of the pictures of their followers. If they like them, they might like you as well!
- Go to the IG of hotspots where you regularly hang out (or where your target group probably goes to) and engage with some of their followers. It shows you have something in common and people will be more keen to follow you.
- If you get a shoutout from another IGer, make sure to engage with the people that like or comment on that shoutout. They already liked you, so the step to following will be easier!
4. Tag the right People: If you tag other IG’ers in your pictures it means that your picture will be shown in their tagged pictures, which means: more visibility! Also it will allow you to – hopefully – catch the attention from the IG’er you are tagging: a cool brand, a shoutout page, maybe even a celebrity, or just a friend! No matter what: more visibility = more engagement, and that’s what we are going for. Just like with the hashtags, make sure not to ‘overdo’ it since people will experience it as spammy. Keep the tags relevant to the picture you are posting and keep it balanced.
5. Show Personality: Make jokes, tell people what you’re up to, share your thoughts, and more! In the end, people want to follow you for one of the following reasons:
- They personally know you and want to stay in touch
- They like your pictures and captions; which means they want to know the person behind those pictures too
- They feel like they can identify with you and feel a connection
Either way, for all of those reasons you need to show your personality! There are 1000’s of people with pretty pictures on IG, who are you? Don’t be afraid to share your mind, you will be surprised to see how many people agree with you, laugh with you, or even cry with you. Don’t all of us like to feel a connection, even if it’s with someone who seems to be a stranger?
BOOM! There you go guys: your class on Instagram Followers 101, was there anything new you didn’t know before? Do you have any tips of your own? Share it with the community! For the brands out there: I recently started offering social media marketing and branding services, so don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any help!
Lots of Love,
Bloggers cannot be pictured out of the society anymore nowadays, they are the influencers of the 21st century! There are so many that it’s hard to decide which ones are worthy of following on Instagram, that’s why I selected three of my favorites for you to check out! Get ready to be inspired by these talented powerwomen:
This gorgeous Swedish Fashion- & Travelblogger makes beautiful pictures of her adventures. Photography + food + nature + fashion = best combination ever! Her feed is fun to follow and makes you dream of going to experience the world on your own.
This Dutchie is responsible for the brilliant blog ‘Chapter Friday’ and has a beautiful feed filled with inspirational pictures of interior and fashion. Yara has a gorgeous smile which immediately brightens your day and you will want to buy everything she posts, because yes, her taste is THAT good.
Living in Paris definitely gives Alexandra Pereira the perfect feels for elegant fashion and photography hotspots! All of her pictures are top quality and mostly show her travel locations, food addiction and casual classy outfits… love it!