Not that long ago, I started a search for a new contributor, and soon enough I found the perfect match! Meet Lonneke Bakker: a model, musician and incredible person. What I like about her so much is that she doesn’t just write incredibly well, she also has an amazing story to tell. Keep reading!
How time flies! After the top blogs of March, it’s already time for the best viewed pages for this month. So, in case you missed them: here they are! To be honest, I was quite surprised about the results, will you take a look with me?
Happy Birthday to me!
Today it is not only my actual birthday, it is also exactly one year ago since I started my blog… THIS blog! I know right? It feels like it has been much longer, but I guess that’s what happens when you have so many experiences.
Throughout the year I have been constantly trying to experiment with new things on my blog, to see what I like more, but also, what you guys like more. So that’s where Who is that Blonde 2.0 comes in: based on what I have learned this year I decided to make a change. Besides the fact that the layout looks a bit differently, here’s what’s new:
- No more monthly Giveaways: sometimes I don’t have a brand collab for a giveaway, and sometimes I have 2 per month. I decided not to stress about it and just go with whatever I find on my path. But don’t worry, if you subscribe to my newsletter you will automatically be in the running for whatever giveaway I am organizing.
- Getting Close: first I always thought that my private life wasn’t very fascinating for other people, but I started to realize that the blogs with personal stories always get lots of views. What can I say… you gotta give the people what they want!
- More Videos: even though I get quite shy in front of a video camera – and yes, I do realize that’s ironic since I am a model – and I am terrible with editing videos, I will be spending more energy on creating some cool video content for you. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to show some support!
- More Structure: I used to post my blogs on random days, pretty much whenever I had time to post them. Now I will start to upload my blogs every Monday, Wednesday and Sunday, so you guys know when to check my website! Definitely a necessary change.
- Advertisements: this whole year I have been completely add free but I will start placing a small number of ads on my website. I promise it won’t get annoying but you know… a girl gotta eat!
- Ask Lynn: this section on the website was meant for people to ask me questions about pretty much anything. However, I’ve noticed that people prefer to send me a direct message instead of writing me on the forum, so from now on I will answers everyone’s questions personally!
- Contributor: I absolutely adore writing blogs, but this year has been so much about work – I seriously underestimated having a blog ups – that I decided to add a contributor to the team. Christel Schuurman will be writing a blog for you guys once a week… and boy does she have interesting stories to tell!
I think right now I covered pretty much everything that I had in mind… I’ll get back at you if I missed something :) Anyways, I am literally DYING to find out what you guys think about my website and the change. I feel like I am throwing myself out for the wolves because this blog is my life and I put everything in here… Does that sound weird? The point is: I am nervous to find out what you think, so don’t leave me hangin’ lol. Leave a comment or send me a message!
Lots of Love,
Guess who is the newest Ambassador for Hunkemöller? This girl!
It´s Vlog time! Last week I was invited for my very first Ambassador Day, I´ve been a huge fan of Hunkemöller for many years so you can imagine it was still feeling quite surrealistic that they invited me! The event took place in a super stylish beach bar in Zandvoort, a beach town close to Amsterdam. When we arrived we had a lovely lunch and afterwards I joined a brainstorm session about the newest sport collection, where we were able to give our opinions. I think it´s so cool that Hunkemöller will actually use that feedback to improve their designs! Can´t wait to see the results :) After the brainstorm session all of the ambassadors got into hair and make-up for a photoshoot in the latest bikini collection, I will post some pics down below!
The reason I chose this bright pink limited edition bikini from Hunkemöller is because I love the design of the top, AND I look tanned in this color without being tanned yet! As a person who needs all summer to work on her tan I desperately need a bikini like this!
The shoot was lots of fun but very cold because the wind was so icy! I didn´t care though: I was having too much fun with finding more beautiful locations haha. Nevertheless I was quite relieved when it was dinner time so we all could warm up with some delicious food provided by the beach bar. To end the day we all got an ice cream for the way back to Amsterdam – yasssss – Thank you Hunkemöller!
P.s. What did you guys think about my vlog? Would you like to see more videos like this? Let me know and maybe I will start doing more Behind the Scenes & Lifestyle stuff!
Photography by: Jeseja Hizkia Hutubessy
Videography by: Lucas Bakx
Last week one of my best friends came to visit me here in Barcelona, and we had such a good time! We spent our days strolling to all the coolest places of Barcelona, having good food, partying all night long… and recording everything on camera and making pictures! Christel put together a supercool video with some of the highlights and I would love to share it with you, hopefully it will bring a bit of sunshine to wherever you are :)
Some of the places you can see in the video are: the statue of Colombus at the port, Plaça Reial, Plaça Catalunya, La Boquería Market, Park Guell, Barceloneta Beach & Maremagnum… and there are so much more places to discover!
Would you like to see more of my friend Christel? Check out her Instagram, I love her fashion style and her pictures >>> @xoxchristel :)
Do you have any favorite places in Barcelona or any reccomendations of what I still have to visit? Please let me know, because I would love to get to know this city better now that I’m living here!
Lots of Love,